Keyboards are a vital part of any computer. Keyboards should be stylish and versatile. The keys should be easy to touch and improve your typing skills.
One name that stands out when we think about keyboards is the DAS Keyboard. The German-designed DAS keyboard looks sleek and is super tough. The materials used are of high-quality grade which makes it sturdy and long-lasting.
You can type comfortably on the well-laid out keyboard. It gives you excellent speed while typing with the minimum sound of the keystrokes.
Your fingers literally glide over the keyboard. There are various models available for you to choose from.
Best DAS Keyboards Reviews 2020:
DAS keyboards Model S Professional Cherry MX Brown is a mechanical keyboard. The top panel and wrist rest is made of black Anodized Aluminum.
The exterior is gold-plated and sturdy. It can endure 50 million keystrokes. The tactile and soft switches make typing easy and comfortable.
The full n-key rollover feature improves the speed of typing. The media keys like the brightness control, volume keys, and the play buttons are all inscribed in blue color for easy visibility.
The keys are etched with laser technology. This ensures that the letters don’t fade. It has 2 USB ports. You can sync and charge USB compatible devices.
The Cherry MX Brown model is compatible with Windows and Linux. It has special blue LEDs for Num, Caps, and Scroll Lock. The USB cable is 2 meters long, allowing you to plug in easily to your computer.
- The keyboard is long-lasting due to the high-quality material used
- The extra-long USB cable ensures strain relief
- The clicking sound is less while typing and it doesn’t distract
- The full n-key rollover is excellent for typing fast as well as for gamers
- The well-designed keys make typing easier with zero strain on fingers
- Excellent layout of the keyboard
- You need to download 120 MB setup file to allocate colors to the keys
- The Das Keyboard Windows service needs to run in the background for you to have custom colors
- Prolonged usage results in delayed key-strokes
- There are more economical mechanical keyboards available in the market
Das 4 Professional Keyboard is a mechanical keyboard. It gives you an excellent typing experience. The Das 4 Professional has Gold contacts key; hence it provides the best tactile feel.
The top panel is made of anodized aluminum. The sturdy keyboard gives you over 50 million keystrokes over its lifespan. The key inscriptions are etched using the laser. The F and J keys have bumps on it for precision typing.
You can get quick access to the media buttons due to its oversized volume control knob. For fast typists, it has NKRO – full n-key rollover feature. Hence they need not use the PS2 adapter.
It has 2 USB 3.0 ports. You can raise the keyboard if needed using the magnetically detachable footboard. The footboard also functions as a ruler. The keyboard is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Chrome.
- The keyboard has a stunning design
- The soft pressure point enabled keys makes the mechanical keyboard easier to use
- Using the super speed 3.0 USB port, you can transfer large video files at 5GB per second
- You can control the volume easily because of the large volume knob
- The keys are well laid for ease of use
- The cable is extra-long that makes it easier to install and keep your desktop clean and cable-free
- The instant sleep button can be used to save energy when not in use
- The keyboard doesn’t have any backlight
- Over the time the inscriptions on the keys fade out
Das 5Q RGB keyboard is designed especially for developers as it is fully programmable. It has pre-built Q applets, namely GitHub, Trello, Asana, CPU Ram, Gmail, and more.
It is enabled to receive alerts from other devices in a simple coded system. On receipt of the alert, the keyboard changes its color to intimate you.
The aluminum top panel is sturdy for prolonged usage. The keycaps are double shot for maximum contrast and to ensure that the letters don’t fade out. Double-shot means the key, and the letters/numbers/symbols are 2 separate pieces of plastic.
The Gamma Zulu switches enable you to type fast, and it has a lifespan of more than 100 million keystrokes. It can detect key presses within 0.4 seconds.
It is due to its superfast electronics system with Real-Time One technology. You can customize 12 function keys as per your need. The full n-key rollover and anti-ghosting feature enable you to type faster with accuracy.
There is a dedicated panel for media control. The uniquely designed 3 media keys and one volume knob is all you need to control media played on the computer. The keyboard can work with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux operating systems.
- The keyboard has a backlight, and it is bright and intense due to RGB color settings
- The design of switches are modern and sleek
- The keyboard comes with detachable silicone wrist rest for comfortable typing
- It has bumps on letters F and J for correct positioning of hands
- You will need to download a 120MB setup file for backlight settings on the keyboard
Das X50Q is a mechanical keyboard. It is one of the unique keyboards that is good for work as well as for gaming.
It has fast and reliable mechanical switches that add power to your gaming. The LED through-shaft design gives bright lights for the enhanced gaming experience.
The RGB keyboard that is managed by Q software. The keyboards flashes in case you receive an alert from other apps.
Q applets connect you to GitHub, Jira, Asana, Trello, to name a few apps. Gamma Zulu tactile keys last for more than 100 million keystrokes.
Das X50Q has a dedicated media panel, including the volume knob. It is easy to reach out for the media control amidst the gaming.
The keyboard has detachable wrist rest, a must-have for gamers. Anodized Aluminum is used for the top panel, and the keycap is of ABS plastic.
It comes with the assurance backing of Das engineering, which is extremely reliable and trust-worthy. It is compatible with Windows OS.
- The simple yet well-laid keyboard looks professional
- The RGB technology and LED lights enhance the gaming experience
- Q software ensures interruption-free gaming experience
- With the Full N-key rollover and anti-Ghosting feature, you can be assured of quick and accurate keystrokes
- The WASD keycap is textured for the superior gaming experience. You also get the key puller with the keyboard
- It has over 16.8M color options
- Das Keyboard X50Q is compatible only with the Windows operating system
Minimalist yet elegant in look Das keyboard Prime 13 is best for regular typing work. It is a mechanical keyboard.
The key switches have Gold Crosspoint technology, and hence it gives an excellent tactile feel. This makes typing easy.
Like other models, the top panel is made of Aluminum and is quite sturdy. The switches can last for more than 50 million keystrokes.
The letters are etched by laser. The keycap puller is an add-on when you buy the keyboard. The Das Prime 13 keyboard has a white LED backlight with 7 levels of brightness.
It comes with a USB pass-through enabling you to connect a mouse, thumb drive or phone directly to the keyboard.
The braided cable that comes with the keyboard is 6.5ft long, and you can easily adjust it as per your requirement.
The keyboard goes on sleep mode after 10 minutes of inactivity. The media panel is easy to locate as the LED backlight is on the side of the keycaps.
It has 2 USB 3.0 ports. The Das Prime 13 keyboard is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Chrome.
- It works well with MacBook Pro
- The keyboard is heavy and doesn’t slide on the smooth on the desktop
- The buttons/keys are very sturdy for continuous usage and can take in heavy typing
- Sleep mode feature saves unnecessary wastage of energy
- The 7 levels of backlight brightness control are an excellent feature
- The keys are narrow, and hence users find it difficult to type without errors
Das keyboards are mechanical keyboards with a sturdy aluminum panel and strong keycaps. The life span is around 50 million to 100 million keystrokes.
Almost all the models have anti-ghosting and full N-key rollover feature. It has a 3.0 USB port, which makes the transfer of files faster.
The differentiating factor is the primary purpose of the keyboard. The X50Q keyboard is excellent for gaming purposes, whereas Prime 13 is suitable for hardcore typing work.
Laser-etched letters are long-lasting. The functional keys are easy to locate. You can easily spot them with backlight color or its placement or size like the oversized volume control button.
The tactile feel is excellent, and hence be it gaming or typing work, the experience is pleasant. So finally, the choice of buying the Das model trickles down to its usage purpose, uniqueness of model, and the operating system that it is compatible with.
You Might Also Like These Keyboard Articles: